Thursday, April 17, 2008

baking for the night terrors.. actually causes night terrors. interesting.


Last Saturday the Wicked Pissahs took on the Night Terrors, Charm City's two time champion home team. After a night of tailgating, bout producing, playing, drinking and dancing.. I finally drove home and retired to my bed, only to be awoken in the middle of the night with nightmares of burnt quiches, car towing and jamming. When my alarm went off at 7 am I was hardly in any condition to be using heavy machinery, like an oven. But I had to. In only a few hours the Pissahs and Night Terrors were coming over for a post bout bunch (aka face stuffing).
In my hour of exhaustion I created some of my best savory baking- Quiche! Spinach, Broccoli and Cheddar, Potato, Onion and Sun dried Tomato, and Zucchini and Cheddar. It made me think, why don't I make quiche more often? I must spend a fortune on brunch every year (being that it is my favorite meal of the week) and for what? Sub-standard omelets? No longer! Comment with your favorite quiche recipe, I'm collecting!

1 comment:

collidah said...

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Baked-French-Toast-2/Detail.aspx