Wednesday, August 8, 2007

red velvet pissah cakes!

There are two kinds of baking days. There are the days where I bake out of obligation, scrambling to find something I have the ingredients for and running about the house in an utter frenzy. And then there are the days where I have no time constraints and baking is soothing and satisfying. Although the later kind is few and far between, I was delighted when last Friday turned out that way.

Although it was sweltering hot out, Friday afternoon I started making Harlot Feevah's Belated Red Velvet Pissah Cakes. My wireless internet finally started working again so I spent my time mixing and beating and listening to This American Life. To seek refuge from the heat I put a spray bottle in the fridge and sprayed myself down every few minutes, drank one or two britas full of water, and stuck my face under the facet. It worked without folly.



The Red Velvet Cupcakes came out beautifully, glowing. vibrant. pissah red. We Pissahs got together to finally celebrate officially our Cinco de Mayo Championship Victory by BBQing at Papa Feevah's and going mini golfing. It was a fantastic day and not even losing my ball in the wood somewhere around the 11th hole could ruin my good mood.




For more information on Red Velvet Cake...




2 comments:

Unknown said...

Ooohh...those look TASTY!

Spitey Spite said...

whoa. those look heavenly! i can't beleive i missed out!

next time, i'm there... come hell or high water!